Matthew 10:7-8

As you go, preach, saying, "the kingdom of heaven is at hand."
Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out demons. Freely you have received, freely give.

What must I do to be saved?

I got a phone call a few days ago from a guy named Keywan. He said "you guys came to my house a few days ago and I've really been thinking about what you said."

I just shared more of the gospel with him and told him about God's plan for his life.
He said he wanted to make a change in his life. I really challenged him about repenting and how going public with your decision is really when God takes us seriously. I wanted him to know how big of a decision this is. Well I couldn't discourage him even with some strong sobering words about following Jesus.

He still wanted to get his heart right with God. He basically said "What must I do to be saved?" I haven't seen conviction on somebody like that in a long time.

We prayed and he committed his life to the Lord. I was able to go to his house and give him a bible and answer some more of his questions. We've been encouraging him for a few days now and he is still hungry for more.

Thank you Jesus!!!

No comments: