Matthew 10:7-8

As you go, preach, saying, "the kingdom of heaven is at hand."
Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out demons. Freely you have received, freely give.

Light shines brightest in dark places

There is nothing like a fresh miracle to knock the cobwebs of your spirit. Seeing God's supernatural kingdom manifest has to be one of my favorite things in life. A demonstration of the kingdom has a way of energizing my faith and spirit like nothing else.
Mid week outreaches can be challenging, especially towards the end of the week. Typically it's the last thing my flesh wants to do but one thing I've learned is that if we want to see the supernatural  released to touch others, we can't listen to our flesh.
The other night I was waiting in my car for a friend of mine in one of our rougher neighborhoods, it was getting late and it didn't look like he was going to make it.

As I was contemplating going out to preach by myself and follow up on a few friends or just go home ( it's best to go out in twos) two police cruisers pulled up responding to a call a few doors down. That was enough confirmation for me, so I got out to preach.

The first guy I talked to wasn't real responsive but I just began to tell him about the kingdom of God and how it's actually a lot closer then we think, it's literally within reach. At that point two of his friends came by and they all greeted each other and kind of pretended I wasn't there, you know, kind of hoping I'd get the hint and leave.

This is always a good time to listen and get something from the Lord.

When I felt like I got something, I politely interrupted them and asked, if anybody had pain in their knee. This immediately got their attention as one guy said "yes, I do".
I love that, instant access, he let me pray for it and I had him test it to see if there was any pain, he said, with a stunned look on his face "no".

He kept looking for the pain and couldn't find any. I further explained the kingdom and that it was real and that Jesus is real and encouraged them to live for God.

What fun to be on outreach with the Lord. We forget He wants to see something happen even more than we do.
Luke 8:1 says,
Jesus went through every city and village preaching and bringing (showing) the good news of the kingdom. For us it doesn't always work out that way but it's so much  fun when it does! Thanks Jesus!


 

No comments: